Blanchet wants to ensure that the school serves many future generations of Mid Valley youth. To safeguard Blanchet's legacy, the school has established a Foundation and an endowment and actively promotes planned giving opportunities.
Planned giving allows donors the opportunity to help secure the school's future, while also obtaining some or all of the following benefits:
- Fulfillment of your philanthropic goals
- Income-tax savings through charitable deductions for the value of your gifts
- Avoidance of capital gain tax on contributions of long-term capital gain property
- Income for life for yourself and/or for other beneficiaries
- Increased spendable income
- Elimination of federal estate tax on the value of the interest in the property eventually passing to charity
- Reduced costs and time in estate planning.
One of the simplest ways to benefit Blanchet is to name the school in your will with a general bequest. You should consult your attorney about the applicability of these general statements and the implications to your own situation. Please notify Blanchet if you would like more information about planned giving, or have remembered the school in your estate plan.
Tax Benefits of Charitable Giving - Article by Robert Saalfeld, Lawyer & former Blanchet Board Member