- Senior Yearbook Photo Requirements
- Senior Yearbook Ad Order Form
- Pay online for Senior Yearbook Ad Here
Blanchet Senior Spotlight Night (June 3, 7pm, Blanchet) — 2 guests per graduate max
Baccalaureate Mass (June 11; 7pm; Queen of Peace Church) — 4 guests per graduate max
Graduation (June 12; 7pm; Blanchet) — 5 guests per graduate max
Important Dates/Events for the Class of 2021
Thursday, April 29 - Jostens Announcement, Cap & Gown Pick up
Cap and gowns and announcements from Jostens will be handed out in the Lee Student Center during lunch (11:45-12:15) on Thursday, April 29.
Friday, May 14 — Grad Info and Photos Due
If you have not already done so, please email the following items by May 14
To Mrs. Lieder at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Name for Grad Program and Ceremony — Please send students' names as you’d like it printed/read for the graduation program and ceremony.
- Senior Photos for Yearbook — Seniors and parents have two options for submitting photos for the yearbook. Seniors may choose to use their student ID picture or have a professional photograph taken. Please review photo specs for yearbook photos by clicking here.
- Senior Ads for Yearbook - $35
Senior ads are special messages that you write to your graduating senior that are part of the annual yearbook and include space for a favorite childhood photo of your son or daughter. Submit a photo with this order form by June 4 to be included. Please review the image requirements before submitting. Cost of the ad is $35. Make checks payable to Blanchet Catholic School. Please write “yearbook ad” in the “for” line of the check. You may also submit payment online here and select Senior Ad in the category pull down or on Blanchet’s Website on the Parents tab/Make a Payment/Make a Donation or Pay for an Event.
- Senior Slideshow Photos
All seniors are reminded to submit a baby or toddler photo, a middle school photo and a senior photo for the graduation slideshow and for the yearbook no later than Friday, May 14. You may use the same senior photo for both the yearbook and the slide show or you may use two different photos. Please indicate clearly which senior photo is to be used in the yearbook and which is for the slide show. Please be sure to submit images in a resolution suitable for print.
To Mrs. Brown at email@example.com
- List of colleges your senior has been accepted to and scholarships received to be included in the graduation program.
- A photo of your student in their selected college t-shirt or sweatshirt.
Monday, May 17 - Seniors Mark the Lot
- All seniors will meet Mr. Smith at Blanchet in the lobby at 10:00 AM to decorate a parking spot in the front lot. Students should wear clothes that they can get dirty. This activity is dependent on weather conditions and may be rescheduled.
Wednesday, May 26 - Senior Class Photo & Service Project presentations
- Class Photo; 8:00 AM
Students should plan to meet in the Lee Student Center; photo location will depend on the weather that day. Remember to dress in their Sunday best for the photo. Hot cocoa and donuts will be provided! Please do not schedule appointments for this date/time; we’d like to make sure that the entire class is in the picture.
- Senior Service Project presentations; 9:00 AM
As soon as we have finished taking the class photo (approx. 9:00am), students will set up their presentations in the Student Center.
Friday, May 28– Retreat Memory Boxes & Grad Party Contract/Fees Due
- Memory Boxes are due for the Senior Retreat to the front office receptionist by Friday, May 28! Guidelines for the boxes can be found HERE!
- Please read and sign attached Senior Party contract and return to Mrs. Pearson.
- Don't forget to pay your students graduation fee of $50. Pay fee here.
- Optional: Order and pay for a senior sweatshirt by April 16. Click here for order form.
Wednesday, June 2 - Senior Retreat
All seniors should report to the school by 8:30 AM and meet in the Lee Student Center to take part in their Senior Retreat for the rest of the school day.
Thursday, June 3 @ 7pm - Senior Spotlight Night (NEW)
This year we have added a special celebration event to honor our seniors. Blanchet seniors and their parents are invited to attend an evening of in honor of the Class of 2021. We will spotlight each senior individually and hand out cords, scholarships and awards. Dessert and beverages will be served as well.
Each graduate can bring two guests. This event requires registration for contact tracing and food planning. Link to register is at https://www.blanchetcatholicschool.com/seniors
Thursday, June 10 - Last Day of School
- Senior/Staff Lunch in Lee Student Center @ 12 noon
This is a lunch for the senior students and Blanchet faculty and staff hosted by the senior parents. It's always a wonderful celebration, full of good memories and often a few tears. Senior parents are asked to donate to help off-set the cost of this luncheon. Click here to donate - select Senior Faculty Lunch in the Donation/Fee Category pull down.
- Graduation Practice @ 1:30 PM
Seniors will run through the graduation ceremony to prepare for Saturday’s event.
Friday, June 11 - Baccalaureate Mass at Queen of Peace Church @ 7:00 PM
- Queen of Peace Church, 4227 Lone Oak Rd SE, Salem, OR 97302
- Students should arrive by 6:30.
- All seniors are required to attend in Sunday-best dress. Please wear your gown and cords; no caps please.
- Guests are limited to four per graduating student.
- Each graduate can bring four guests. This event requires registration for contact tracing and food planning. Link to register is at https://www.blanchetcatholicschool.com/seniors
- A reception will be held after the Mass in the gathering area.
Saturday, June 12 - Graduation & Grad Party
- Graduation is 7:00 PM at Blanchet
- Seniors should arrive at school by 6:00 p.m. and meet in the Lee Student Center dressed in gowns, cords and caps. Professional photos will be taken with diplomas before the ceremony.
- Writing or embellishments on graduation caps is not allowed.
- Each graduate can bring five guests. This event requires registration for contact tracing and food planning. Link to register is at https://www.blanchetcatholicschool.com/seniors
- After the ceremony, students should pick up their memory box, spotlight posters and pick up their diplomas in the Lee Student Center. Tuition and any outstanding fees need to be paid before students can receive their diploma.
- Grad Party - 9:00 PM to 4:30 AM
- The graduates will depart from Blanchet for the evening events.
- Students cannot drive themselves to/from this event.